To request a refund for a paid course that you are enrolled in, please contact the course coordinator. You can find these details within the course you are enrolled in.
Purpose and Scope
The intent of this policy is to provide information to RMH staff and external users of the Royal Melbourne Hospital Learning Management System, of the processes and procedures pertaining to the payment and refunds for RMH Learning Hub training courses.
|Royal Melbourne Hospital
|LMS / Learning Hub
|Royal Melbourne Hospital Learning Management System
|Training courses which require payment
- All users of the RMH Learning Hub including:
- RMH employees
- Volunteers at RMH required to complete mandatory learning courses
- External staff who wish to undertake learning on RMH Learning Hub
- The rights described in this policy are in addition to the statutory rights to which you may be entitled under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and other applicable Australian consumer protection laws and regulations.
- Some fee-based courses include event registration of live seminars (delivered face-to-face or via video conference) while others are self-directed learning activities.
- For fee-based courses, including event registration, payment is made directly through the LMS https://learninghub.mh.org.au/ through the online through the payment gateway SecurePay, and its associated online payments services terms and conditions. The payment gateway will charge a transaction fee. RMH Learning Hub does not accept direct payments from individuals for fee-based courses, whether by cheque, cash, or money order. Registration and payment for individuals can only be performed online through the LMS and cannot be made by phone or email.
- RMH is not responsible for any partial or non-attendance to live online courses resulting from a user's poor internet connection or outage at a user's end.
- Refunds for fee based courses which include event registration of live seminars:
- Fee-based courses which are paid for directly through the LMS and include event registration as part of the course are eligible for a refund based on the following conditions:
- Requests for refunds must be made in writing and should be emailed to the course administrator displayed in the course description.
- The below table outlines when learners can request a refund and the % of refund. Please note that transaction fees are non-refundable.
- Based on these conditions, all courses will have their refund eligibility clearly stated in the course description under the sub-heading refund eligibility. The refund paid will depend on the period between the event starting and the date of request for a refund, in accordance with the table below:
Notification period Description Refund amount On the day of the event Learner fails to attend a course No refund Within 24 hours of event Learners requesting a refund within 24 hours before event start date. No refund Up to 7 days before Learners requesting a refund up to 7 days before event start date. No refund 8-20 days before Learners requesting a refund 8-20 days before event start date. 50% refund 21-28 days before Learners requesting a refund 21-28 days before event start date. 75% refund More than 28 days before Learners requesting a refund in excess of 28 days before event start date. Full refund
- Fee-based courses that consist solely of self-directed online learning activities only are delivered electronically and learners have instant access to the learning content.
- Learners are only eligible for refund if the problem with the product is major. A product or good has a major problem when:
- it has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it
- it has multiple minor problems that, when taken as a whole, would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about them
- it is significantly different from the sample or description
- it is substantially unfit for its common purpose and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time
- it doesn’t do what you asked for and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time; or
- it is unsafe.
- The card-processing fee included in the course fee is non-refundable.
- We are unable accept requests for transfer of user access.
- RMH reserves the right to cancel or reschedule workshops without notice. In very rare cases due to clinical demand or other unforeseen, unavoidable reason, courses may need to be cancelled.
- In the event of a workshop cancellation, registrants will be advised urgently and will receive the option of:
- a full refund (less transaction fees)
- transfer to the next available session
- RMH is not responsible for any travel or accommodation costs the applicant has incurred as a result of cancelled courses.
- In order to ensure staff and participant safety, a full refund will be issued with provision of evidence of illness, or requirement for quarantine. Please do not attend if you are unwell.
- If changing government guidelines require that the course be cancelled, a full refund will be issued to all participants.
- If you are unable to attend a workshop, you may transfer your place to another person at no extra charge provided you notify us at least 10 working days prior to the start date of the course. Requests for transfer of place must be made in writing to the course administrator displayed in the course description.
For further information, please contact us.